How to Hook Up an Automatic Ballast System
The Best Possible Way is by Keeping it Basic!
1) 1 x (W610-P) Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump - high volume, self-priming, reversible pump with fill-empty switch.
2) about 25 feet (558031-hose) Black reinforced bilge hose. (Fits 1” and 11⁄8” Fittings)
3) 2 x (W743) 11⁄8" Quick Connect - Sac Valve Thread - screw these into Pro X Series Fat Sac with All-Purpose PVC
4) 2 x (W741) Flow-Rite 11⁄8" Straight Quick Connect Socket.
5) 2 x (W746) Flow-Rite 11⁄8" Elbow Quick Connect Socket.
6) 6 x (558031-clamp) 316 stainless steel worm drive hose clamp 5/16"-1 1/2" clamp diameter range.
7) 2 x 1" Thru Hulls One for the bottom of the boat to fill and empty through plus one for the vent/overflow.
8) Adequate length of electrical wire to wire up the Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump.
Step 1: Run Black Reinforced Hose from the Thru Hull Fitting in the bottom of the boat to one side of the Jabsco Pump.
Step 2: Run Black Reinforced Hose from the other side of the Jabsco Pump to the bottom valve on the Pro X Series Fat Sac.
Step 3: Run Black Reinforced Hose from the highest valve on the top of the Pro X Series Fat Sac to the Thru Hull Fitting out the side of the boat.
NOTE: The vent overflow thru hull fitting needs to be higher than where the Vent Hose is attached to the valve on the top of the Pro X Series Fat Sac (When Full). This is to prevent water from being blown out of the vent/overflow thru hull or a siphon from being started.
Adding Fat Sacs To Your Automatic Factory Ballast System Using The Same Pumps And Switches That Came In The Boat
There are different ways to add Fat Sacs to an automatic factory ballast system using the same pumps and switches that came in the boat.
The main thing is: that for every 1” or 11⁄8” inch hose that you attach to the Fat Sac, you use a (W743) 11⁄8" gray fitting that you screw into the Fat Sacs with All-Purpose PVC Cement
either a (W741) 11⁄8" Flow-Rite Straight Black fitting with the red ring OR a (W746) 11⁄8" Flow-Rite Elbow Black fitting with the red ring (whatever allows the hose to most naturally attach to the Fat Sac without bending or kinking the hose).
The (W741) or (W746) goes on the end of the hose (558031-hose) using a hose clamp (558031-clamp) and then it will clip onto the (W743) gray fitting that you screwed into the Fat Sac with All-Purpose PVC cement.
To unclip it, you simply pull the red ring back on the black fitting.
For every 3/4" hose that you attach to the Fat Sac, you do the same thing but use a (W736) 3/4" gray fitting and a (W740) 3/4" Flow-Rite Straight Black Fitting with the red ring or a (W742) 3/4" Flow-Rite Elbow black fitting with the red ring.